Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Langues Des Chat / Cat's Tongue

meow, meow, meow...


I've been consuming way too much Langues Des Chat these past few days. You see, I put the container full of meow-goodness on the kitchen counter, so whenever I step in or out of the kitchen I stuff my mouth with one or two cookies.


Because they're so small, crispy, and cute. Plus, tiny cookies make me (or anyone else) feel less guilty about consuming them. Or maybe that's what I want myself to feel, but really, the best part about it is that it brings me back home.


When I was a little kid, I used to eat Lidah Kucing, an Indonesian version of Langues Des Chat. They're much more delicate because it's made with meringue folded into the batter. It's very buttery and super duper flavorful. Oh, and one is definitely not enough!

Maybe I'll make the Indonesian version next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment