Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Farmer's Market Blueberry Muffs


One more day til August... Where did Summer go?! 

I went to the local Hope Street Summer Farmer's Market a while ago, and bought some blueberries home.

July was blueberry season, but I'm not a huge fan of fresh blueberries. I like them in a muffin though.

*Stares at the picture above* Yes, I like it when I see melty, gooey, broken down, jammy blueberries.


Why not make a blueberry strawberry jam next time? hmm...

I tried making pineapple jam once, it really took a long time.

Anyway, I made these muffs old school - big bowl and a whisk. I thought I'll skip the mixer and spend more time with the batter.


Of course, some lemon zest won't hurt to brighten up the batter.


In goes the blueberries.


And the magic streusel, just like pixie dust...


See what I mean? I'm sure you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment